Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday 11 November 2018

Kharagpur And Her :)



Always wished to take my girl home someday. Tried a lot of times but each time something or the other went wrong. So, finally, this November, I could gather all the courage and took her to meet my mother. Also, visited Kharagpur and had an awesome Illumination 2k18.I take this opportunity to share some pictures and memoirs in my blog.As I opened my blogger account, I see I have neglected this for a long time now.So with the first picture,



This is from the train in which we were travelling. The 6:55 Howrah-Titlagarh Ispat express will always be favourite since it has a lot of memories attached with it now.
We got down at Kharagpur Junction at around 8:45.



This is after I took her home and She was playing with all the articles there on my shelf and we were pretty nervous to meet Don Corleone: God Mother. :P



Meeting with God mother was great and swift. She was not very hyper or asked a lot of question but it was a terrifying experience for me where I tried my best to handle the situations ;pThis pictures of from "Little Sister Confectionery"This is Kharagpur's one of the oldest confectionery. The place also has a restaurant and a bar attached.


Visiting Kharagpur and not visiting "Cafe Coffee Day IIT Kharagpur" is very foolish. Since, A CCD inside an educational Institution like IIT is all about cheap food and awesome ambiance. Though I have been going to this place for years now and we know each of the menus that you can get here but outsiders seldom know about CCD being this cheap.


This is Vegies. Another food joint inside IIT Campus. This is a good place to hangout with friends or family. This is very near to CCD.


This picture is taken from the top of Lakeside Bridge on the water.


You must be wondering, what lakeside can be inside IIT. Lakeside is a park made inside the Campus. This is a park just beside the IIT swimming pool and the Technology Gymkhana. people all over Kharagpur visit this park for morning walks and evening walks. though it is limited to just people residing inside IIT Campus.




This picture is taken on the way to Kharagpur's one of the two air-force station called "Salua". Salua also has a lot of small food chains which mainly sell Tibetian cuisine at a very cheap price.As, you can see, Ishani riding the bike, me in the middle wearing helmet for safety and my brother sitting in the end being the ultimate protector.We had an awesome experience visiting Salua and having Tibetan dishes called Momos and Thaipos.The other picture is of another restaurant called Hong Kong.



Now, coming back to Illumination, It is actually a small festival celebrated inside the IIT campus. where all the IITians take part. they create wonderful figures using arrangements of candles or the Diyas and bring them into shapes where it looks like a very big picture glowing out of fire and another part of Illumination is creating Rangolis on the floor using different coloured powders.We saw a lot of Rangolis and Illumination was really great.I am attaching more pictures of Illumination later in this post.


This is Peep's Kitchen, A good restaurant inside Technology Market, IIT Kharagpur. We had our dinner from here.



This is Kharagpur Station at around 4 in the morning. We were freezing in cold the entire night inside IIT. So, we thought of having tea but none of the shops were open so we traveled to Kharagpur Station for tea.



The following morning was very tiring as we didn't sleep the entire night and we also had a train to catch the following day. This picture was taken in front of Rani Laxmi Bai Hall for women.Although there are no more pictures with me but honestly, this trip to Kharagpur was very exuberant and awesome. Looking forward to Spring Fest 2019.Now I am attaching some more Pictures from Illumination 2k18.














The pictures of illumination are taken from "Click Kgp's Facebook page".

No comments:

Post a Comment